WHICH CHARACTER SHOULD I IMPERSONATE FOR A FUTURE BLOG?

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Comedy 2-23-11

Sorry to the followers. I've been extremely busy and will be for a few more days. These next few blogs will just be quick updates. I'll get in Shaft (2000) before the end of February; I promise.

I went to a comedy workshop tonight.

I was extremely nervous, but I got some good notes. They can see that I'm funny, but I just need to develop my courage more. It's weird getting up in front of strangers and trying to prove you're funny.

BUT! I'm going to keep going until I have something to work with.

In other news...

I'm going out with a girl for coffee tomorrow. Her name's Alyssa. It's just a "getting-to-know-you" situation, but maybe it will turn out good.

13 comments:

  1. Standup comedy isn't for the faint of heart, good for you for going out and taking a stab at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who make others laugh do standup.
    Those who can't do standup draw comics.
    something something something.
    it's a quote i heard somewhere, but I guess I just messed up the punchline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, I also hate talking infront of a audience :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I am pretty good at cracking jokes and one-liners, I could never do standup. That's tough! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lot of respect for giving comedy a shot and good luck with your lady friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All i can say is good luck
    Be confident :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gotta be confident and don't sweat it if at first the audience isn't responding well.

    ReplyDelete