WHICH CHARACTER SHOULD I IMPERSONATE FOR A FUTURE BLOG?

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 1: Part 2

What? I thought it was a funny title.

So I've gotten a few comments asking where this blog will be going. The answer is: I don't know. I want to have a blog about whatever subjects I want to talk about.

I don't want to have a blog that's dedicated to one, hum-drum thing. I want you to check here every time there's a new post with the thought "What will he talk about next?" Now let's get started...


Walk Out Like an Egyptian

Hosni Mubarak has stepped down.


For those of you that have been living under a rock lately: He used to run Egypt. That is until he resigned on Friday. Egypt will be under temporary military rule. I fear that while they may have gotten rid of an evil autocrat, they will probably get an evil autocrat with an army.

"Meet the new boss/Same as the old boss."


Waiting for Superman? Aquaman's Not Busy. Call Him.
 

I saw this movie last weekend. Basically, our schools suck. I thought my school was bad, but it looks great compared to some of the things I saw in this great documentary.

All the money we're throwing at education? It goes to administration, for the most part. I've worked in the local public school system. I thought it was only true here because we're in a hick area that doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground.

Here's a trailer for the movie:

NOTE: The closed-captioning for the trailer doesn't make sense for the most part, so not only is it a good trailer for a great movie, it has the added bonus that the captions are hilarious.

29 comments:

  1. Honestly not sure what's going to happen in Egypt. Following for further commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time Mubarak finally stepped down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mubarak needs to give away some of his fortune (70 billion dollars), so Egypt can recover some of its losses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He had already carried all of his fortune out of the country. It was most gold Egypt has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like where your blog is going.
    followed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egypt is... pretty weird right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Egypt is finally free so thats nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. go Egypt!!!
    lets hope this was the best for them!
    but, who is in control of egypt now? the army?

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's been in power for like 30 years and now all of a sudden the media jump on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Egypt can't get much worse than Mubarak at least. and yeah that's a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now they're free...
    *Walk like, and Egytiaan*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd be happy with him running the US :S

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to check that movie out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im so proud of egypt lol. Also did you know that Mubarak is worlds richest man ? With 70+ biljon ? :o

    ReplyDelete
  15. mother fucker should've been assassinated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to admit I chuckled about the Superman/Aquaman comment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That 'Waiting for Superman' movie sounds pretty interesting. It's a wonder why I haven't heard about it 'til now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope egypt is better off without this president...
    And that they will not get a bigger douchebag in the government!

    ReplyDelete